INFORMATION ABOUT THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
This Policy sets out the rules for storing and accessing the information located in User’s devices using Cookies, for the purpose of providing electronic services requested by the User from APM Sales and Services Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw.
Administrator – meaning APM Sales and Services Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw (00-801), ul. Chmielna 73c/168, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court in Warsaw, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000354351, NIP: 113-279-63-21, Regon: 142403216, which provides services electronically and accesses information on User’s device.
Cookies – meaning IT data, especially small text files, saved and stored on devices used by the User to access the Online Shop.
Own Cookies – meaning Cookies placed by the Administrator, through the Service.
Third-party Cookies – meaning Cookies placed by the Administrator’s partners, through the Service.
Service – meaning the website or application, under which the Administrator runs an Internet service, operating in the domains http://www.bookoff.pl, htp://www.iqbooks.pl
Device – meaning an electronic device through which the User obtains access to the Service.
User – meaning the entity for which, in accordance with the Terms & Conditions and regulations of law, services may be provided electronically or with which the Agreement on Providing Services by Electronic Means can be concluded.
KINDS OF COOKIES USED
Cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User’s Device. In particular it is not possible for viruses, other unwanted software or malware to penetrate the User’s Devices. These files allow to identify the software used by the User and customize the Service for each User. Cookies typically include the name of the domain they come from, their storage time on the Device and assigned value.
The Administrator uses two kinds of cookies:
a) Session cookies: they are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until the end of the browser’s session. The saved information is permanently deleted from the memory of the Device. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow to download any personal data or confidential information from the User’s Device.
b) Permanent cookies: they are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until deleted. The end of a browser’s session or turning off the Device does not result in deleting the cookies from the User’s Device. The mechanism of permanent cookies does not allow to download any personal data or confidential information from the User’s Device. 3. The User can restrict or disable cookies access to the Device. If you use this option, you will be able to use the Service, aside from the features that, by its nature, require cookies.
1. Service configuration:
- to adjust the content of the Website to the User’s preferences and to optimize the use of the Website;
- to recognize the User’s device and its location to display the Website accordingly, adjusting it to the User’s individual needs;
- to remember the settings chosen by the User and to personalize User’s interface, e.g. the chosen language or region that the User comes from;
- to remember the history of visited sites for content recommendation;
- font size, the appearance of the Website, etc.
To authenticate the User and provide User’s session on Website:
- to maintain the User’s Website session (after logging in), so that the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each page of the Website;
- to correct configuration of the Wesbite’s chosen functions, that allows in particular to verify the authenticity of the browser session;
- to optimize and increase the efficiency of services provided by the Administrator.
2. Implementation of the processes necessary for the full functionality of the Website:
- to adjust the content of the Website to User’s preferences and to optimize the use of the Website in a suitable way; in particular, these files allow to recognize the basic parameters of the User’s device and to display the Website in a suitable way;
- to properly operate partner’s programs, allowing in particular to verify the sources of redirection of Users to the Website.
3. To remember the location of the User:
- for the correct configuration of the selected functions of the Website, allowing in particular to adjust the information provided to the User, to their location.
Analysis and audit of viewership:
- Creation of anonymous statistics that help to understand how the Website’s Users use the Website to improve its structure and content.
Providing advertising services:
- to adapt advertisements of services and products by third parties presented on the Website;
To ensure safety and reliability of the Service.
The Administrator uses third-party Cookies for the following purposes:
1. To present multimedia content on the Website, downloaded from external Websites:
- www.vimeo.com [cookies admnistrator: Vimeo, LLC. based in USA]
- www.youtube.com [cookies administrator: Google Inc based in USA]
- www.wrzuta.pl [cookies administrator: Free4Fresh Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw]
2. To collect general and anonymous statistics through analytical tools:
- Google Analytics [cookies administrator: Google Inc based in USA]
- Gemius Traffic [cookies administrator: Gemius S.A. based in Warsaw]
- Stat24 [cookies administrator: Redefine Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw]
- IAI-Shop.com [cookies administrator: IAI S.A. based in Szczecin]
3. To show ads tailored to the User’s preferences using web advertising tools:
- Google AdSense [cookies administrator: Google Inc based in USA]
- Advertising network [cookies administrator: Internetowy Dom Mediowy net S.A based in Warsaw]
- Advertising network AdTaily [cookies administrator: AdTaily Sp. z o.o located in Cracow]
4. Logging into the service using an account in another service:
- Facebook Connect [cookies administrator: Facebook Inc based in USA or Facebook Ireland based in Ireland]
- Google [cookies administrator: Google Inc based in USA]
- LinkedIn [cookies administrator: LinkedIn Ireland Limited based in Ireland]
- Paypal [cookies administrator: PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A based in Luxembourg or PayPal Inc. based in USA]
5. Use of interactive features to promote the Website in social media:
- twitter.com [cookies administrator: Twitter Inc. based in USA]
- plus.google.com [cookies administrator: Google Inc based in USA]
- Facebook.com [cookies administrator: Facebook Inc based in USA or Facebook Ireland based in Ireland]
- nk.pl [cookies administrator: Nasza Klasa Sp. z o.o. based in Wrocław]
- LinkedIn.com [cookies administrator: LinkedIn Ireland Limited based in Ireland]
- chce.to [cookies administrator: chce.to Sp. z o.o. based in Gdańsk]
- Pinterest [cookies administrator: Pinterest, Inc. based in USA]
6. Presenting opinions on the Website, downloaded from an external service:
- opineo.pl [cookies administrator: Opineo Sp. z o.o. based in Wrocław]
- ceneo.pl [cookies administrator: Grupa Allegro sp. z o.o. based in Poznań]
7. Using features downloaded from an external service to make communication through the Website easier:
- skype.com [cookies administrator: Microsoft Corporation based in USA]
CHANGING THE CONDITIONS OF COOKIES STORAGE AND ACCESSING DATA
1. The User can change cookies settings at any time, specifying the conditions for their storage and Cookies access to the User’s device. Changes in settings mentioned above, can be done in web browser’s settings or by using service configuration. These settings may be changed in particular to block automatic Cookies storage or to notify the User whenever Cookies are stored in their device. For detailed information on how cookies are handled see the software settings (web browser).
2. The User can delete Cookies at any time by using features available in the web browser.